Midway Chapter 16
P.O. Box 1774, Salina, Kansas 67402-1774
January 7, 2017
TO: Chapter 16 Members
FROM: Richard Trow, Chapter President
I hope everyone had a splendid Christmas and New Year’s. As your President, it pains me to write this letter.
As you know, since 2014 when TREA HQ stopped providing quarterly rebates to Chapters, our chapter has struggled with availability of chapter funds. We have tired different things to raise funds (raffle tickets, free will donations, Vets Appreciation Day) and had minimal success. For the New Year, we have worked on a budget that revealed financial shortfalls. Once the budget is finalized it will be provide to all members.
We have no other avenues other than for me to ask you, our members, for a donation. Would you be willing to contribute to help us? If so, make your donation to The Enlisted Association Chapter 16 and send it to the above address on this letter.
We have accomplished much in 2016:
- Recruiting efforts: June and July a recruiting table at Central Mall; October recruiting table at Fort Riley Retiree Appreciation Day and the Salina Veterans Appreciation Day Parade Dinner.
- Chapter President spoke six times on KINA Radio station about TREA and Chapter 16.
- In November Chapter President spoke at the AME Chapel Church on the history of TREA and Chapter 16.
- A Chapter website was developed to provide updated information, pictures and links of interest to retired, enlisted, veterans and the military community. The website address is http://www.midwaychapter16.org
- Hosted our annual membership picnic at the Parks and Recreation Carver Center.
- Provided a Chapter Scholarship to USD 305 to South and Central High Schools.
- Made donations to Salvation Army, Sunflower Adult Care Services; Bill Fekas Christmas Dinner, Veterans Appreciation Day.
- Since we are the only TREA chapter in Kansas we reached out to all TREA Members at Large in Kansas via letter to join Chapter 16.
- Sent Survey to all members asking for their suggestions on how the chapter can find ways to improve as an organization.
- List of Guest Speakers at our monthly meetings were: Tom Caldwell, Vice President Central Kansas Flywheels Museum; Dr. D. Kempton, Family Wellness Center; Rachel Hinde, Salina Community Engagement Coordinator; Jason Graves, K-State Central District Extension Agent; Dr. Trent Davis, Salina City Commissioner, Neurologist; Elaine Weese, Director Operations DAV Thrift Store; Lou Tryon Salina Director Community, Bio-Feedback Specialist; SSgt Arron Darden, USAF Recruiter.
I want to thank everyone for your support in 2016 and your continued support for 2017. Whatever amount you donate to help the Chapter stay financially sound is greatly appreciated. We looked forward to hearing from you.
Richard T. Trow